Monday, April 9, 2012

Paranoid

The psychologist looked at the 40-something couple who kept casting meaningful glances at each other.  "So, why are you here?  Marriage problems?"

The woman's eyes met his for once.  "It's my husband.  Tell him, honey."

The husband rubbed his hands together. "My wife thinks that I'm paranoid."

"And what do you think?"  The therapist tapped his ballpoint against his teeth.

"I don't know.  Sometimes I honestly wonder....My wife is a very friendly, outgoing woman.  It's natural for her to have a lot of friends.  But something about a few of these guy pals makes me....suspicious."

Nodding, the therapist made a note or two in his little book.

"He wears me out.  Somehow he doesn't even say anything.  I know he is unreasonably jealous of my friendships with other men."

The therapist made throaty grunting sounds and jotted more down.

"It seems to me that you could both use some one-on-one therapy.  Here's my card.  I'll see you at 2 and 3 pm next Wednesday."

Along with the little card he slipped the woman a note.

Dearest,
We have a way of meeting at last!  Not even your bear of a husband will suspect.

No comments:

Post a Comment